Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Day of Croquet

This past weekend, I made it to Annapolis for the annual Annapolis Cup Croquet Tournament.
For those of you who don't know, every April the Mids play the Johnnies in croquet matches all over St. John's lawns. All the Annapolitans break out their Lilly and bowties and make a day of it. 
The Mids always play in their white pants and sweaters, while the Johnnies always surprise the crowd with their outfits. This year, they wore overalls and white jumpsuits. 
Buzzfeed did a great post on the 2014 Annapolis Cup.

It's one of my favorite days of the year because it is usually on a beautiful day, so it finally feels like spring. The town comes alive and everyone dresses to the nines. 
It's basically the Kentucky Derby of Annapolis. 

This year, I chose to wear a Lilly Pulitzer Cathy Shift dress in Southern Charm matched with my Kiel James Patrick pearl necklace and pearl earrings.
I ordered a matching bowtie for my beau from an Etsy shop called Mercy Streams
I have ordered multiple bowties and ties in Lilly Pulitzer Prints from her shop and the service is phenomenal. I would highly recommend her!
Below are some of my favorite pictures from our Day of Croquet:














All of our outfit details are in the widget below; click through to shop!



We had such a great time at croquet and are already counting down the days till Annapolis Cup 2017. Hope to see you there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment