Saturday, May 23, 2015

Croquet by the Bay

Hey everyone!
As a local Annapolis tradition, every year St John's College plays the Naval Academy in a heated croquet tournament. The event is open to everyone so all the local Annapolitans love to get dressed up. For one day, our whole city turns classy and preppy. I love that, how one event can bring a city together. I had actually never been because I've always been busy, but this year I knew I wanted to attend and I had my calendar marked with this date for months in advance. It turned out to be the perfect spring day and a great time to take pictures. When the croquet is over, everyone normally walks around downtown so that was another great photo opportunity.


 


Morgan: { Dress: Vineyard Vines (similar) | Shoes: Jack Rogers | Sunhat: DIY (similar) }

Ross: { Shirt: Vineyard Vines | Blazer: Vineyard Vines | Bowtie: Brooks Brothers | Shorts: Jcrew | Shoes: Sperrys | Sunglasses: Ray Bans }

Many people wear Derby Hats so I chose to make my own this year! I bought a plain sunhat for about $20 then hot glued Navy ribbon with a bow to it. It was super easy to make and I think it turned out pretty well! I wore a Vineyard Vines Sailboat dress from last year and Jack Rogers with them. Ross wore a navy blazer, pink Chinos, a white button down, a blue striped bowtie, and Sperrys. It was such a great day and hopefully a tradition we will always follow! What are some local traditions you all have?

Much love,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment