Friday, May 15, 2015

Pearl Bobby Pins

Hey everyone!
For Prom this year, I wanted to have killer hair. I looked for ideas all over Pinterest and found pearl bobby pins and fell in love with the idea!

I got my supplies which were bobby pins, fake pearls from Michael's (make sure they have holes in them), and string/wire. I used copper wire to incorporate some gold accents into my hair!


To start, I wrapped the wire (or string) through the hole in the pearl, and then wrapped the wire around the bobby pin itself a couple times to secure it. The nice thing about wire is that I could wrap it around itself and it stayed perfectly, but with string I would tie knots. I used a drop of hot glue to secure the pearl down and then I was finished! These were super easy to make and I think they turned out wonderfully! 



I made 10 bobby pins and thought that this was the perfect amount. Then I found a hairstyle that I liked off Pinterest and just asked my hairstylist to position the bobby pins throughout my hair! The nice thing about these are that I can use them again, both for casual and formal occasions!




I received so many compliments on these and was so proud that I made such an easy yet gorgeous DIY project! 
I hope you all give these a try and let me know how it goes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment