Friday, May 22, 2015

Rainy Days

Hey everyone! 
I love rainy days but I hate how dreary everything gets. I always try to brighten my rainy days by dressing colorfully! But, I also try to stay comfortable and warm in the rain. Thankfully, my lovely photographer sister was willing to venture out into the pouring rain with me!  Here is what I chose to wear this rainy day:


{ Boots: Vineyard Vines Whalies (similar) | Raincoat: Vineyard Vines | Shorts: Target (similar) | Pullover: Vineyard Vines (similar) | Hat: Vineyard Vines | Necklace: Etsy (similar) }

As you can see, I love Vineyard Vines rain apparel! My favorite are my Whalies that I bought last year. Vineyard Vines is currently out of stock, but I found a pair on Poshmark if you're interested. Whalies are perfect for winter snow and spring rain! I also love my Vineyard Vines Stow & Go Rain coat. It folds up and fits inside one of its pockets so it's very convenient to travel with. It even made it to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro with me! It does come with a hood, but I wore my Vineyard Vines hat so that I could match my Vineyard Vines Jersey 1/4 zip (similar). I don't normally wear this much Vineyard Vines. I built my outfit around the boots I was wearing, so naturally the colors in my boots match the colors of Vineyard Vines clothes that I own. Also if you notice, I went for all solid articles. If you're wearing something with a busy print, it's important to make sure you're not wearing prints that will clash with it. I'm not a huge fan of the white shorts I own because they are a bit short, so I will be purchasing some white J.Crew Chinos because I love the 5" Chino length. Finally, I wanted my shirt to match my rain jacket so I went with a solid Navy shirt which actually accented the trim and the whale on my 1/4 zip! For accessories, I kept it simple with a monogram necklace. I would recommend buying one and Etsy has tons of them! My best advice is to stay comfy on rainy days, but add some colors too! How do you all dress for rainy days? Let me know! 
Much Love,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment